Friday, May 3, 2013

Bath Blend of the Month - Bath Sachet Blend

This is the fourth month of sharing Bath Recipes from the Vault. Each month I sift through my files of saved recipes, I am sharing those that are seasonally perfect for your bath. This month I wanted to be in a flower mood since the flowers did not peek out nearly as early as I wanted I really had to force myself.

But I have several recipes for bath sachets that use a preponderance of flowers.  One similar to this I once shared in the Chicago Tribune a number of years ago.  I found the original recipe in Phyllis Schaudy's The Pleasure of Herbs. You can place the herbs in a draw string bag, bundle them into squares of cotton cloth or seal them into a tea bag.  I market similar blend as Bath Tub Tea!

Bath Sachet Blend

5 cups chamomile

5 cups lavender
5 cups red rose petals
4 cups spearmint
3 cups rosemary
1 cup blue juniper berries

Blend the herbs and flowers together in a jar and shake to mix.  If you want, you can add 5 to 10 drops of rose geranium or lavender essential oil to the mixture once shaken.  Allow to meld for 1 to 2 weeks, then add 2 Tbls. to a cloth bag or tea bag. 
To use: Steep the bag in 1/2 cup boiled water for 15 minutes then pour the liquid into the filled bath.  Or hand the bag from the tap while filling the tub, allowing the water to pass through the herbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...