Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Herb Flea Repellant Pillow

I thought it was time to give a little focus on the pets for a change.  Our cats like to wander on our porch once the weather warms, and this year they have been waiting extra long.  Now the squirrels visit in the winter and give the cats a free show each morning, which means once I open the door I am inviting fleas into the apartment.  So to keep my cats flea free  I make this pet pillow blend which I slip into bags and line the edges of the couch, place under cats other favorite sleeping areas, and sprinkle along the door edge to the patio. 

It is quick and easy to make and you can place the blend in mini tea bags, sew it into the lining of a pet bed, or make a muslin pouch or bag and slip it into the pets bed.

Herb Flea Repellant Pillow

2 parts pennyroyal
1 part thyme
1 part wormwood

Herbs may be cut or whole.  Combine them in a bowl then divide evenly into pouches or containers or sprinkle on the floor.  Do not mix or use if you are pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...