Saturday, September 10, 2011

Recipe - 3 ingredient Grilled Chicken Legs

A friend challenged me to enter a contest with a recipe using only three ingredients.  I have trouble using only a few ingredients, mostly because I like a combination of herbs in dishes.  However, I realized that an herb blend could count as one ingredient, so I got my blend of herbs and only three ingredients (salt & pepper are “free”).  I did not win the contest but the recipe was so good I decided to share it with you.

Three Ingredient Grilled Chicken Legs with Herbs

Serves 6
6 tablespoons olive oil
5 pounds whole chicken legs (7 to 8 pieces)
Salt & pepper to taste

Mix herbs, salt, pepper, and oil in a small bowl. Pull chicken skin back as far as possible. Rub chicken legs with herb mixture then pull chicken skin back in place. (Refrigerate until ready to cook.)
Place chicken, skin side down on hot grill rack; cover and cook until impressive grill marks form, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken over, cover, and continue to grill until remaining side is grilled marked. Turn all burners on low and continue to cook chicken until golden brown and cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes longer.  I like to add 2 tsp. of lemon zest to the herbs but that is a fourth ingredient!

If you want to try other recipes using these seasonings. Check out the Recipe Archive on the Backyard Patch Website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...